Sunday 7 February 2016

One Year!!!

So I had sat down earlier this morning to write this blog but then we had to get ready to go to the Temple and we have been super busy the rest of the afternoon, So I am now finishing it……:)

Well today it has been a year since David's accident. One year, where did that year go. It has been a year full of new and different, but I wouldn't change it for the world. David and I have grown closer as a couple and grown closer to our families. As I sit here writing this I am full of emotion, I remember this day a year ago. It was the worst day of my life, it felt like it was a dream and I just wanted to wake up. But as I look back on that day and the many days after, I realize the many tender mercies that we had and the miracle that we saw happen with David. I would like to share with you a few of the tender mercies that I saw through all of this….

- David's co-worker was a trained EMT and knew what to do.
- There was a vehicle show going on at the Exhibition Grounds and some guys were outside when the accident happened and they heard David's co-worker yell for help and they called 911.
- There was a fire truck close by and they were the first ones on the scene and were able to help David.
- Barret (my brother) and Chris (David's sisters husband) were able to give David a quick blessing before they took him up to Calgary.
- The EMT's that brought him to the Lethbridge hospital should have been off shift when they drove him up to Calgary but they wanted to stay with him because they knew what had happened.
- Both of our families were able to come up to Calgary and were able to stay with us for as long as we needed them.
- One of the biggest tender mercies for me was that my good friend Jen was able to come and be with me. She had been living in Australia and a few weeks before the accident we had talked and she said she was coming home earlier then she had planned and that she should be home the beginning of February. Well she got home on the Tuesday before the accident and when I told her about the accident she asked if she could do anything, at that point I didn't know what to say but Saturday morning I woke up to an email from her saying that she was coming to Calgary to be with me for as long as I needed her too. All I can say is I am so grateful for good friends!!! It was good to have her there.
- The last tender mercy that I want to write about is the overwhelming peaceful feeling that I got one day after I was praying to my Heavenly Father. I don't remember when it was but I know that before this day I would always say to David that he could not leave me, we had more life to live together. Well I remember praying and asking Heavenly Father to heal David and to let him be ok… instantly I got this feeling of comfort and peace and I knew that everything would be ok, but I didn't know what ok meant. At that moment and from then on I never questioned what the Lord had planned for us, all I knew is that everything would be ok. And boy am I glad that everything turned out the way it did!!! (one thing David and I say now is I wonder what the Lord has in store for us next, obviously David is suppose to do great things on this earth..)

Anyways, I am so grateful for all the tender mercies and everything that has happened this last year. We start back up therapy on Tuesday (we have been on a break because David had neck surgery back in October, but we have the go ahead from his Doctor) and we are excited to get back to it and then when therapy is done we can get back to some sort of a normal life.

I know I have said this many times but I want to thank every single person for the prayers that were offered on our behalf this past year. We would not be where we are today with out them. THANK YOU!!!!

Here are some pictures.. Hope you enjoy….

Love,

JP




No comments:

Post a Comment